Listening, Capturing, Networking, Sharing and Posting: The keywords of social media!
Your blog is your home on the internet. If you want to say something or share a video or pictures, you've got a blog on which to post it. You don't need a web designer to help you. Just sign on and go. Gavin Wray from Podnosh (http://podnosh.com/) talks about social media theory at the PLACES Training Workshop in Birmingham, UK.
- Share your work, share what you're thinking - it doesn't have to be perfect or polished
- Blog as you learn something
- Link to other people's blogs
- Ask for feedback from your readers
A word about listening
What are people talking about online?
- Read other blogs
- Subscribe to RSS feeds: Skim read all the posts from websites that interest you
- Set up your own alerts
- What do people say on Twitter? There are plenty of clever people on Twitter with ideas you can share with your own readers. Check out Tweet Deck www.tweetdeck.com/
- Who are the experts?
- Comment on other blogs
- Communities of practice
Capturing: Managing information for reuse and sharing.
The objective is to make your work life easier.
- Social bookmarking
- Access notes anywhere
- Reference manager